вторник, 5 апреля 2022 г.

About me

 

Hi there! Welcome to my blog about teaching and learning. 


Briefly about me: 

My name is Ulugbek Islamov and I am Senior Lecturer at Business and Management Department of Westminster International University in Tashkent. 

I have never thought or dreamt of becoming an Academic or teaching per se. Truth to be told, there was no evidence of having talent for that either. But as it always happens in the life - you get a chance to try somethng out and then it becomes part of your life. It was like this for me with Running (I started having health issues due to being overweight): I was told to run, and for the first time I made myself go out and jog a bit and I really enjoyed it - now I am regular runner with 4 Half Marathons done and aiming at running full marathon this year. 

When I returned from Germany, where I spent 5.5 years of my life studying Project Management, learning German and working, I was lost a bit - did not know what I could possibly do in Uzbekistan. Having some interesting endevours in different business segments in Tashkent, I finally thought to be settling in Advertising as a Managing Director. This position was allowing me to utilize my creative ideas at the same time applying precision, efficiency I inherited in Germany. As I mentioned before, there comes a chance to try something new. 

I got an opportunity to teach 4 hours. As I walked into the classroom and started talking about the topics I have knowledge of, it struck me again - I love it! 

Having had many many lectures and seminars by diverse group of Academics both in Uzbekistan and Germany, I have made a promise to myself: be such a teacher that you missed while you were a student - open and honest, agile, interactive, up-to-date, well-equipped and open-minded. 

I started this journey more than five years ago and so far I seems I am going in the right direction. 


More information on my experiences will be followed in future posts. Stay tuned!


Best, 

Ulugbek 





(350 Words)


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий

The comments I provided

  Blog name Post link My comment  Nazokat's blog  https://mhhmhhm.blogspot.com/2022/03/hi-there-m...